Starr Hill is seeking a craft beer loving part-time Tap Room Bartender to provide amazing Starr Hill memories and an informative and compelling experience to our beloved fans and guests! You’ll share the Starr Hill story and educate these visitors about the history, culture, process, and portfolio of tasty beverages brewed right here at our Crozet facility. You should also be an advocate of maintaining great cleanliness and safety standards at all times. You’ll need to ensure our fans and guests are having a fantastic time that lives up to the high standard set by our world-class beers. Having a strong appreciation of craft beer and our home in the Virginia Blue Ridge is also extremely important, as you’ll be engaging with long-time fans and new ones alike. If you love our beers and always thought it would be cool to share your passion, then we may have the perfect gig for you!
Shifts can include:
Tuesday – Friday: 5 – 10 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 8 PM or 12 – 10 PM
Sunday: 11 AM – 7 PM
Candidates should be organized with strong communication skills and an engaging personality. Significant career experience in customer service is a must, as well as the ability to multitask. Hours vary so flexibility is key as we’re open six days a week, including some holidays. Must have open availability, especially on weekends.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Tend bar during regular business hours
• Serve customers beer in compliance with Virginia ABC laws and TIPS training
• Prioritize customer service and satisfaction
• Complete all opening and closing procedures efficiently while adhering to our high standards of cleanliness
• ID-check DOB for all guests in a welcoming, friendly, and efficient manner
• Effectively communicate Tap Room procedures to visitors, including tours, tastings, and beer/merchandise sales
• Execute beer and merchandise sales
• Maintain a well-kept and stocked Tap Room and Merchandise Room
Please download our Employment Application (click Apply Now button below), and then send both the application and your résumé to TapRoom@StarrHill.com if you are interested in applying for this position.