Starr Hill is seeking a craft beer loving part-time Tap Room Tour Guide to provide amazing Starr Hill memories to our beloved fans and guests! You’ll share the Starr Hill Story and educate these visitors about the history, culture, process, and portfolio of tasty beverages brewed right here at our Crozet facility. You should also be an advocate of maintaining great cleanliness and safety standards at all times. You’ll need to ensure our fans and guests are having a fantastic time that lives up to the high standard set by our world-class beers. Having a strong appreciation of craft beer and our home in the Virginia Blue Ridge is also extremely important, as you’ll be engaging with long-time fans and new ones alike. If you love our beers and always thought it would be cool to share your passion, then we may have the perfect gig for you!
Weekend shifts can include:
Saturday: 11 AM – 6 PM
Sunday: 12 – 5 PM
Candidates should have strong written and spoken communication skills and an engaging personality. Experience with public speaking/group interaction is a must, as well as the ability to multitask. Must have open availability.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate Tap Room Tour times and procedures to visitors, along with information about tastings and beer/merchandise sales
• Provide tours of the Starr Hill brewing facility on the hour
• Prioritize customer service and satisfaction
• Support the bar staff, occasionally helping to serve customers beer in compliance with Virginia ABC laws and TIPS training
• Complete all opening and closing procedures pertaining to tours efficiently, while adhering to our high standards of cleanliness
• Maintain and refresh tour supplies as necessary
• Help to execute beer and merchandise sales
• Help to maintain a well-kept and stocked Tap Room and Merchandise Room
Please download our Employment Application (click Apply Now button below), and then send both the application and your résumé to TapRoom@StarrHill.com if you are interested in applying for this position.