Starr Hill Brewery’s Brand Ambassadors strive to spread our world-class beer and fun-loving culture throughout our distribution footprint, crafting great times and creating super fans along the way. Starr Hill Brand Ambassadors are motivated, social individuals who have a passion for craft beer and an outgoing personality. They are responsible for executing promotional events in the trade in evenings and on weekends. Brand Ambassadors educate the public about Starr Hill beers in the on and off premise and will be trained by and report to the Sales Representative for their respective markets. Brand Ambassadors are part-time Starr Hill employees.
We are looking for Brand Ambassadors in all of our markets, including Virginia and Tennessee.
Pay is hourly and certain expenses will be reimbursed.
Please download our Employment Application (click Apply Now button below), and then send both the application and your résumé to the corresponding Starr Hill representative below based on your state/region:
Central & Western Virginia Sales Representative Gretchen Greggs: Gretchen@StarrHill.com
Northern Virginia Sales Representative Torrey Patterson: Torrey@StarrHill.com
Richmond, Virginia Sales Representative Chris Thompson: Chris@StarrHill.com
Tidewater, Virginia Sales Representative Cassi Summerell: Cassi@StarrHill.com
Tennessee/Alabama Market Manager Kristen Meier: Kristen@StarrHill.com
Starr Hill Brewery is pleased to be hiring a General Manager for its new brewery located in Lynchburg, Virginia. The GM will be responsible for all promotional, marketing, and operational performance of the taproom with a goal of maximizing customer experience and financial performance. This position reports directly to Starr Hill’s VP of Sales with monthly reporting to the entirety of Senior Management.
Reporting to Senior Management
Starr Hill is seeking craft-beer-loving, part-time Beer Hall Bartenders to provide amazing Starr Hill memories and an informative and compelling experience to our beloved fans and guests. You’ll share the Starr Hill story and educate visitors about the history, culture, process, and portfolio of beers brewed at our original Crozet facility and right here at our Richmond pilot brewery. You should also be driven to maintain excellent organization, cleanliness and safety standards at all times. You’ll need to ensure our fans and guests are having a fantastic time that lives up to the high standard set by our world-class beers. Taking pride in your work, the beer being served, and our home in Central Virginia is also extremely important, as you’ll be engaging with longtime fans and new ones alike. If you love our beers and always thought it would be cool to share your passion, then we may have the perfect gig for you!
This position is located at our new pilot brewery in Richmond, VA.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Tend bar in a busy, fast-paced environment, in compliance with Virginia ABC laws and TIPS/RSVP training
• Prioritize professional, friendly customer service and overall guest satisfaction
• Complete all opening and closing duties efficiently while adhering to our high standards of cleanliness
• Maintain craft beer knowledge and attention to detail with regard to presentation and quality
• ID-check DOB for all guests in a welcoming, friendly, and efficient manner
• Effectively communicate Beer Hall promotions, policies, programming and special events to visitors
• Execute beer and merchandise sales, while maintaining well-kept and stocked bar and merchandise areas
• Significant hospitality or retail experience executing excellent customer service, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate effectively in a team environment
• Self-motivated (looks for tasks to be accomplished)
• Willing to learn and take direction and feedback
• Professional demeanor with the ability to multitask while remaining calm under pressure
• An enthusiasm for sincere and warm hospitality, with a desire to exceed guests’ expectations
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to lift 1/6-barrel kegs (60 lbs) and stand for an 8-hour shift
• Must live within close proximity to Richmond, Virginia
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, preferred